March 22, 2012

Volcano in Progress

Black Patent turns into bronze!  The great thing about the paint I used is that it didn't scratch or chip when I put it to the test on these shoes!  I was very impressed and can now match most of the crystal colors to paint so that the color of the crystals doesn't get muted by the underlying shoe color.

 

Here are the shoes after the final layer of paint.  It took two layers to cover the black.  It's such an amazing transformation!!

I think these look beautiful as is!  I almost stopped here, but I wanted maximum bling.  This picture I took with my phone, so it's a bit over exposed, but you can still see the color of the crystals and how well they work with the bronze.  

Better picture of detail and the richness of the crystal color.

 Another view of the edging detailing with the full heel.  It's very stunning, I love it!  This is a great picture to show the problems with cheap-o shoes!  You can see in the side of the shoe, right in the arch, is a bulky seam.  It was very hard to bling that to look seamless with the crystals.  It looks ok, but I wasn't pleased.  You can also see on the shoe showing the back of the heel that there is a weird ridge and bump with a dark hole.

The ridge is where the fake leather became unglued from the foundation of the shoe.  I tried inserting a needle to get glue between the layers to glue them back together, but it didn't work.  Don't settle for a pair of shoes!!  Wait for the right one.  I love them, but hate the flaws of the shoes!  Scratches and small dents can be covered with crystals, but weird bubbles and seams are more difficult to hide.

Edging detail on the toes. 

Beginning the long process of blinging!

1 comment:

  1. Holy bananas! You are a woman of INFINITE patience, my friend. Absolutely gorge.

    ReplyDelete