August 29, 2012

Why choose me? It's all about the detail!

So why should you pick me as your shoe/accessory strassing expert?  

Because it's all about the detail!!  Sure, there are shoes on Etsy that you can buy for less, but I'll tell you the most important thing... most of the time those shoes have plastic or cheap crystals!  I ONLY use quality crystals.  As of now, I use Swarovski.  There is a dramatic difference between cheap crystals and quality crystals.  

The beauty of Swarovski crystals is the care that is taken with the cut.  They actually just changed their crystal cut to what they call Xilion rose which has improved faceting for maximum sparkle.  

Another aspect to the beauty of my shoes is the nature in which the crystals are placed on the shoe.  I prefer random placement to create a better sense of depth and (for lack of a better word) maturity.  



I really take care to get the details just right on a shoe.  I like to take care of the details first and then fill in later.  You can see on the above picture the detail and lines of the shoe.

Below you can see how I do what I do.  The edges are so important to get right!!  If it's not done right, it just looks cheap.  I often times find myself examining Christian Louboutin strassed shoes with some derision because there is an obvious focus on mass production and lack of attention to important finite details.


Again, an outline before I really begin strassing.  Though the heel depicted here is fully strassed, you can still see the outline I did first.  I learned the hard way to never ever strass to the very very bottom of a shoe, which is why the heel cap is still painted, but not strassed.  



And lastly and most importantly, you get a quality and custom shoe/purse/cellphone case/whatever that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg like these shoes that run about $6,500!!






No comments:

Post a Comment